Monday, February 27, 2006

TV & MOVIE BINGEING


Although my laptop has been fixed, PLDT remains clueless as to why my landline was assigned to another customer; thus, I have been unable to access the Internet for almost a week now. The situation remains unresolved.

Instead of allowing this mess to get the best of me, I’ve opted to vent out my frustration by immersing myself in some TV shows and movies. This way, I’ll also get to enjoy even more the upcoming Oscar Awards telecast.

Here’s some of what I saw recently:

Films:

Munich
Walk the Line
Capote
An Unfinished Life
Syriana
Lord of War
Brokeback Mountain
Cinderella Man
Memories of a Geisha
Jarhead
Goodnight, and Good Luck
Hustle & Flow
Transamerica
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Films I’m yet to see:

A History of Violence
Pride & Prejudice
A Constant Gardener
Crash
Mrs. Henderson Presents
The New World
North Country
March of the Penguins


TV shows:

Lost (first and second season box sets)
House (first season – currently watching)

TV shows whose DVD box sets I eagerly await:

Grey’s Anatomy
Prison Break
Surface




photo credit: forum-video.com


*

Labels: ,

posted by Señor Enrique at 7:42 AM


6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! super watch to the max ka! ang saya :)

February 27, 2006 9:39 AM  

Blogger Sidney said...

I am surprised you can survive without a connection to the internet :-)
Which is your favorite movie so far?

February 27, 2006 2:24 PM  

Blogger niceheart said...

I've seen Brokeback Mountain and The Constant Gardener.

I'm wanting to see Walk the Line and Crash.

I'm impressed that you've seen these many movies. Ah, if I only have the time.

February 28, 2006 11:49 PM  

Blogger Señor Enrique said...

Yup, melai, super watch talaga :)


I'm not much of a boxing fan, but for some odd reason I enjoy watching boxing fights in movies; I guess choreographed moves and punches are more dramatic to watch. I would say my favorite is Cinderalla Man by Ron Howard for its sheer "feel good" quality, Sidney!



I have a hunch that Brokeback Mountain might sweep the Oscars this year, niceheart. BTW, the cinemaphotography is breathtaking. Makes me wwant to go see the Rockies. Crash I hope to see soon.

March 01, 2006 6:57 AM  

Blogger niceheart said...

I've seen the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice, the one that starred Colin Firth. I might check out the new one. I also love Keira Knightley. Saw her in Bend it like Beckham and King Arthur.

March 03, 2006 10:23 PM  

Blogger Señor Enrique said...

Then you pretty much know it's interesting storyline, niceheart.

The film version out now is truly wonderful!

March 06, 2006 4:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Life in Manila as observed by a former New Yorker who with a laptop and camera has reinvented himself as a storyteller. Winner of the PHILIPPINE BLOG AWARDS: Best Photo Blog in 2007 and three Best Single Post awards in 2008.

 
 

About Me

Name: Señor Enrique
Location: Manila, Philippines

View my complete profile

Links


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Flickr Badge. Make your own badge here.
 
 
Señor Enrique Home
Designed by The Dubai Chronicles.
All rights and lefts reserved.