Wednesday, November 14, 2007

ART IN THE PARK


It is a free outdoor event intended to provide a venue for Filipino contemporary artists from various galleries, independent art collectives, and schools of fine arts to congregate, exhibit and sell their works in a fun and friendly atmosphere. All artworks such as paintings, prints, photographs, and sculptures will be tagged with affordable prices -- under P20,000.

Art in the Park will take place on Saturday, November 17, at Velasquez Park, Salcedo Village in Makati, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Several galleries and distinguished artists are participating, including 13 artists awardees such as Brenda Fajardo, Alfredo Esquillo, Karen Flores, Manny Garibay, and Mark Justiniani. Ilustrador ng Kabataan (INK), Art Informal and Nineveh Gallery will also be participating. Other artists expected to put their works on display are Mario de Rivera, Ral Arrogante, Lawrence Borsoto, and Anthony Palomo, as well as newer artists Joseph Banez and Jaspher Penuliar.

Collectors, enthusiasts and neophytes in art are all invited to enjoy this artful event. A jazz band led by Junji Lerma will provide the soundtrack to make it an even more wonderful Saturday in the park experience.

This bi-annual event
was envisioned by the members of Museum Foundation, an organization that raises funds and awareness for the National Museum and its network. The Museum Foundation committee members are Trickie Lopa, Lisa Periquet, Mailin Locsin, Tana Lopa, Pepper Roxas and Dindin Araneta. Its executive director is Tricia Limon, while Maribel Ongpin is president.


*

posted by Señor Enrique at 5:41 AM


16 Comments:

Blogger Sidney said...

You should be one of the artists... selling your beautiful & artistic pictures!

November 14, 2007 2:22 PM  

Blogger mgaputonimimi said...

uy INK... minsan pinangarap ko rin yan. pero nalalagpasan ako ng deadline ng pag accept ng applicants.

November 14, 2007 2:38 PM  

Blogger  gmirage said...

Hello SenorE! Ikaw po? From the listed names I only recognize Lawrence Borsoto as he was a frequent interviewee of mine during his painting career back in college...

How I love visiting events as such...I will look na lang at the photos you will upload hehe. Thanks!

November 14, 2007 5:41 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow,love the vivid colors and the one that you used for sakamoto,yeah,he's a great artist. :)

i've a new blog,kindly add me to your mega links! :)

thanks!
http://blissfullybare.wordpress.com/

November 14, 2007 6:20 PM  

Blogger Señor Enrique said...

Truth be told, G. Mirage, I don't recognize anyone on the list. Goes to show you my lack of knowledge about our local artists However, that doesn't deter me from wanting to see their works and knowing more about them.

I've always been in awe of people especially those who can create incredible images whether through sketching, painting or carving. I think they are truly gifted.

November 14, 2007 6:21 PM  

Blogger Señor Enrique said...

I suggest, Mimi, if I may, that you plan early for the next time INK begins accepting new applications. It would really be exciting to see another blogger friend to pursue her/his interest in art :)

Good luck next time, ok?

November 14, 2007 6:23 PM  

Blogger Señor Enrique said...

Thanks much for your confidence in me, Sidney, but you know I lack the required talent to be ranked among these artists ... hehehe.

November 14, 2007 6:26 PM  

Blogger Señor Enrique said...

Hi Sachiko!

How are you? How's life in Japan?

I'll definitely visit your new blog as well as include it on my del.icio.us list. :)

November 14, 2007 8:20 PM  

Blogger Unknown said...

This event is worth checking out, I'm sure. Been to Ral Arrogante's exhibit a few years ago...great talent. I wonder what happened to my fave sculpture "Tim the Tiklabang"...naka-display sya dati sa park behind Corinthian Plaza in Legaspi Village.

November 14, 2007 9:01 PM  

Blogger Ebb Tide said...

Wish I can be there! Thanks for sharing this info. I am happy that there is an active art movement going on in Manila today. Best wishes to all the artist who are participating especially to Brenda Fajardo. She's a relative of my husband.

November 15, 2007 6:25 AM  

Blogger Señor Enrique said...

Yes, I think so, too, Miranda. It'll be a fun way to spend a Saturday, especially with a jazz band providing some live music :)

You seem to know a lot about our local art scene :)

November 15, 2007 6:34 AM  

Blogger Señor Enrique said...

Small world, isn't it, Ebb Tode?

Perhaps. someday soon, you will join this group of artists to put your works on display along with theirs here in Manila :)

November 15, 2007 10:26 AM  

Blogger Unknown said...

Not really, S.E. I work with local designers who know some artists so I get invited to their shows. :-) Ral Arrogante's wife and I belong to the same industry. And yes, the jazz band will be an added attraction.

November 15, 2007 2:34 PM  

Blogger Señor Enrique said...

I'm guessing you may be in the theater or fashion industry, Miranda. But whichever one it may be, I trust you're involved in a fun and creative occupation. I think that's lovely :)

November 15, 2007 3:24 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's one nice art exhibition, and it's even for free. Too bad I'm not there to attend that outdoor show. Will you be covering the event with your camera?

I like going to art galleries. I enjoyed the ones I visited in Angono, Rizal in the '90s.

November 16, 2007 1:28 AM  

Blogger Señor Enrique said...

I should be visiting art shows more often, Jayred. There's quite a lot going on here in Manila. We do have many talented local artists and it can be quite challenging to keep up with their names ... hehehe!

November 16, 2007 5:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Life in Manila as observed by a former New Yorker who with a laptop and camera has reinvented himself as a storyteller. Winner of the PHILIPPINE BLOG AWARDS: Best Photo Blog in 2007 and three Best Single Post awards in 2008.

 
 

About Me

Name: Señor Enrique
Location: Manila, Philippines

View my complete profile

Links


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Flickr Badge. Make your own badge here.
 
 
Señor Enrique Home
Designed by The Dubai Chronicles.
All rights and lefts reserved.