Wednesday, January 11, 2006

A NEW YORKER BEGGING TO BE LOVED


“I want to be accepted here, but I feel that everybody’s judging me and rejecting me. Come on, where’s the American spirit? Accept me. I want to be embraced, because my values are like yours. And I’m here. I’m not hiding,” cried Wafah Dufour, a California-born musician and law school graduate who lives in New York.

She is also Osama’s niece, daughter of his half brother, Yeslam. She adopted her mother’s maiden’s name after the 9/11 attacks were blamed on his uncle.

And who could blame the guys from not calling her despite of her exotic good looks? To do so might invite the Homeland boys to declare open season on one’s phone and Internet history records. Who needs that?

GQ Magazine will publish a photo spread of scantily-clad Wafah in its upcoming edition. This may be the beginning of her relationship with the press; hence the Bin Laden clan’s aspiring LaToya.



News source: MSNBC/Associated Press

Photo credit: Jeff Riedel/GQ via Reuters




posted by Señor Enrique at 4:24 AM


2 Comments:

Blogger unknown particle said...

nabasa ko yan sa isang dyaryo dito sa singapore ,,,, naisip kong iblog pero di na lang :) nakuha mo pala .. anyways ... blessing ka ata .. di ko na kailangan ng wordpress ... nairepublish ko ang blog ko sa own domain ko ... see it for urself :) http://manilenya.com .... tagal kong naghirap jan .. so stik ako sa blogger .. thanks :) problem ko e pano yung stokwa cause .. andun pa rin sya :) ..... thanks sa pagdalaw pala at pagcomment :)

January 11, 2006 4:38 PM  

Blogger tintin said...

I don't blame her for changing her name at all. The dumb thing would have been to keep it. But now that she's flaunting herself so, I wonder if she hasn't made herself a target again.

January 12, 2006 8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Life in Manila as observed by a former New Yorker who with a laptop and camera has reinvented himself as a storyteller. Winner of the PHILIPPINE BLOG AWARDS: Best Photo Blog in 2007 and three Best Single Post awards in 2008.

 
 

About Me

Name: Señor Enrique
Location: Manila, Philippines

View my complete profile

Links


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Flickr Badge. Make your own badge here.
 
 
Señor Enrique Home
Designed by The Dubai Chronicles.
All rights and lefts reserved.