Friday, January 12, 2007
QUEZON CITY DIGITAL PHOTO CONTEST
For those looking for something fun to do this weekend, going around Quezon City with a digital dSLR or point & shoot camera and taking some pictures of people of the city at work or play might be something to consider.
The Cultural and Tourism Affairs Office of Quezon City is inviting all photography professionals and enthusiasts for its digital photo contest. The full details are as follow:
The Quezon City Digital Photo Contest
Theme : People of Quezon City at work and leisure
Start of the contest: December 18, 2006
Deadline of submission: extended to January 31, 2007
1st - P20,000
3rd - P10,000
Seven participants will also be selected for a consolation prize of P5,000 each.
- contest is open to all amateur and professional photographers
- all entries must be in 11 x 14 full color prints preferably with border
- participants can submit only 2 entries, original and large file in CD
- photos must portray human interest in which subjects reflect the lives of people in Quezon City wheter at work or play at anytime of the week.
- photos must distinctly identify a particular place in Quezon City; a brief description or caption of the image must be included
- the entries should have never been published in any newspaper or magazine
- winning entries are considered as property of the Quezon City government through the Cultural and Tourism Affairs Office (CTAO). Photo credits, however will be given to the winner when their works are exhibited on other occasions.
- digitally manipulated photos will be disqualified
- each entry must be accompanied by an information sheet to be provided by the CTAO
- submit entries to the Cultural and Tourism Affairs Office, 9th floor, Quezon City Hall, Elliptical Road, Diliman Quezon City
- for inquiries, please call Ceri or Marivic - 925-6045 loc. 335 or Romy Mariano – 09192128114 or Boyet - 9223232 / 925-6045 loc. 255
Many thanks to Tammy David of Digital Photographer Philippines for sharing with us this information.
posted by Señor Enrique at 9:31 AM
- Senorito<- Ako said...
"Digitally modified " ? how about enhancements like sharpening and bringing out some dark areas ?
Sounds like fuN ! post your entries !
- Ferdz said...
Hey! Thanks for this. Might check it out :D
- iskoo said...
taga QC ako, i'll consider this. cool! are you going to join?
- cruise said...
i normally go to QC hall but have not noticed this vantage point. hmm you gave me an idea, the next time i'll go there i will try this.
- Sidney said...
Thanks for the tip. If I find the time I will participate.
- sheilamarie said...
hola Eric, love the pic of the qc city hall you posted :o)
- kyels said...
Can I join? Heehee.
Joke lang! Not in Pinas now ... Boo!
- Senor Enrique said...
Yes, I'm sure those basic post processing are fine, S.A., but no multi-layering -- a wonderful shot of someone cut and pasted against a Quezon City landmark backdrop.
You're welcome, Ferdz. Join ka!
And yes, Iskoo, I will join. Actually, I've already started shooting some possible entries.
I took that picture, Cruise, when I checked out their flower and pet show when I happened to be in city hall that day.
Sidney, La Loma is part of Quezon City, and you already have some possible great entries from that collection of Lechon pics.
Kyels, why not try? You have nothng to lose!
Good lck to all those who participate!
- tutubi said...
ei I know that vantage point: from the orchidarium grounds :)
i also have stock pics of quezon city during the last garden and pet show
but I might visit again this coming sunday morning
if you're going there this weekend, do try to contact me
- Senor Enrique said...
Took this photo during that flower and pet show.
There's really not much around that area, except when they have a show going on in that park.
I started shooting for the QC photo contest but realized there's not much excitement in QZ as compared to Manila.
Btw, here are the info on my UST night shoot:
shutter: 5" - 10" depending on my pov and angle.
That's about it.