Thursday, January 19, 2006

GLAMROCK’S UNDISPUTED DIVA


Annie Lennox, as a child, attended a school for the exceptionally intelligent and was later on educated as a classical musician; studying the flute at the Royal Academy of Music in London.

She joined David Stewart as a singer for the Eurythmics after three years as lead singer for The Tourists. She left Eurythmics in 1990 and began her equally successful career as a solo artist. Her 1992 LP, Diva, attained phenomenal critical and commercial success.

She has since followed it up with two more albums, including rejoining Dave Stewart for the recording of Peace LP. She won the Academy Award for Best Song in 2004 for "Into The West” from the film The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.


Photo credit: musikbase.de

Labels:

posted by Señor Enrique at 8:37 AM


2 Comments:

Blogger Kiss My Mike said...

My favorite Annie Lennox song is Waiting in vain.

I also like Why and No More I Love You's. I kinda like DJ Sammy's remix of Why. It was dance heaven for me!

January 20, 2006 12:59 AM  

Blogger Señor Enrique said...

"Why" is indeed a classic, but I love the entire Diva LP. I regret not having seen any of her solo concert performances.

January 20, 2006 6:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Life in Manila as observed by a former New Yorker who with a laptop and camera has reinvented himself as a storyteller. Winner of the PHILIPPINE BLOG AWARDS: Best Photo Blog in 2007 and three Best Single Post awards in 2008.

 
 

About Me

Name: Señor Enrique
Location: Manila, Philippines

View my complete profile

Links


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Flickr Badge. Make your own badge here.
 
 
Señor Enrique Home
Designed by The Dubai Chronicles.
All rights and lefts reserved.