Sunday, November 26, 2006

BOOK SALE AT GATEWAY MALL



















Since I am one of those who read up to expand my understanding and enjoyment of things that I usually get into, I’ve recently asked fellow members of my camera club what books they own which they would recommend to nephytes on digital photography.

Besides
The Photoshop CS2 Book for Digital Photographers by Scott Kelby, which was previously mentioned to me by Senorito Ako, I now have two other titles that I'm excited to check out as suggested by fellow camera club members — Humble Masterpieces (Everyday Marvels in Design) by Paola Antonelli; and Digital Photography Handbook by Doug Harman. The former is not strictly a photography book, but its overall content should help photographers in terms of learning about composition and style.

Much to my delight, another fellow camera club member had just informed me that Gateway Mall in Araneta Center in Cubao, Quezon City will be holding a mall-wide sale event from November 30th to December 3rd.
Fully-Booked, one of this mall's retailers and among Metro Manila's largest bookstores, will be participating in this event. Supposedly, all its imported books, coded as "D" will be reduced by 20% when paid in cash, or 15% off for credit card payment. Books, coded as "N" will be 10% off for cash 5% for card payment accordingly. Not bad at all.

What adds to this excitement is that instead of driving to Cubao, I will instead take the MRT railway system for the very first time; it shouldn't take me more than fifteen minutes from Recto to Cubao.

So if you have any particular book in mind you wish to purchase for yourself or as a gift to someone this coming Christmas, Fully Booked at Gateway Mall is the place to go to beginning later this week.

posted by Señor Enrique at 11:08 PM


8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh, that's great news definitely!

(:

November 27, 2006 1:13 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wee! Book sales, I just love them. Now only if my mom would allow me spend that much on books. :P

November 27, 2006 7:04 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks again for the info regarding the sale! I might buy some new books to read or a present as well. I'm sure you'll be doing great with all that added knowledge.

November 27, 2006 9:50 AM  

Blogger Señor Enrique said...

It is truly great news, especially for me, Kyels! :) I always love a book sale!




I'm sure your folks won't find since you'll be spending the money on books, Jhay :)




My pleasure, Fedz. I can use a lot of help in this current major interest, and reading up on it is a beneficial step :)

November 27, 2006 4:18 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For close-up and macro try this book "Close-up & Macro A Photographers Guide" by Robert Thompson. I bought this at Powerbooks when i was in Manila last February.

November 27, 2006 6:26 PM  

Blogger Señor Enrique said...

Many thanks, Anonymous! I shall definitely check out this book!

November 27, 2006 6:56 PM  

Blogger -= dave =- said...

It'll be a nice train ride Señor E. Recto to Cubao is almost the entire length of LRT2. When riding that line I only shuttle between Cubao and Katipunan stations. Hope you write about the ride, I'll surely comment some more in that entry.

November 28, 2006 11:30 PM  

Blogger Señor Enrique said...

That's a wonderful idea, Dave. I should bring along my point & shoot digicam and blog about my trip to Cubao :)

November 29, 2006 11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Life in Manila as observed by a former New Yorker who with a laptop and camera has reinvented himself as a storyteller. Winner of the PHILIPPINE BLOG AWARDS: Best Photo Blog in 2007 and three Best Single Post awards in 2008.

 
 

About Me

Name: Señor Enrique
Location: Manila, Philippines

View my complete profile

Links


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Flickr Badge. Make your own badge here.
 
 
Señor Enrique Home
Designed by The Dubai Chronicles.
All rights and lefts reserved.