Monday, November 27, 2006

LINES OF STARS




















I spent most of Sunday with my sister and a cousin from San Francisco. I took them to Carlos Celdran’s tour of Fort Santiago and San Agustin Church in the morning (which they loved and raved afterwards) and then we headed to SM’s Mall of Asia (MOA); my sister who loves this mall just had to show my cousin something from a certain store.

But before going to that store, I told them that I’d just sit and wait for them at the ground floor open area. I’ve lost the fascination for malls; only time I would go to one is if I had to buy something, or park the car in their lot (which is safer) and then head over somewhere else. This was my very first time to go to MOA; one thing I noticed immediately is that it has upscale retailers that used to be only in Makati’s tony Glorietta and Greenbelt malls.

Anyway, since my camera bag was with me, I started looking around for something hip and interesting to photograph like a store signage or façade, but didn’t see any from where I was sitting. However, when I looked up in the sky, a big smile appeared on my face. I immediately whipped out the camera from the bag and started shooting. I love these bright yellow star lanterns with the blue sky and white clouds as backdrop. And thank God there wasn't any SM security guard to stop me from taking some photographs.

When my sister and cousin came back, they apologized for having kept me waiting, but I immediately hushed them. I then assured them that I had managed to enjoy myself somehow while I waited. We then headed to Binondo for some steamed dumplings.

posted by Señor Enrique at 7:54 PM


16 Comments:

Blogger RAV Jr said...

Paskong pasko na talaga ano? hayy...

sana...

Nice pic Senor =)

-Dops

November 27, 2006 8:31 PM  

Blogger Sidney said...

We should look more often at the sky! :-)
I hate malls too. It a place where I get serious headaches (especially if I go shopping with my wife!) ;-)

November 27, 2006 9:11 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!

I love the picture Eric. And the colors are contrasted. Amazing!

(:

November 28, 2006 6:25 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sobrang ganda ng mga araw ngayon, lalo na ang sky parang summer hehe. twing asa MOA ako parating tiempo cloudy so one of these days baka punta ako dun, or self tour ulet :-)

nga pala, dunno why but i can't see my comment if i use my blogger name so i'm using this one instead.

November 28, 2006 7:30 AM  

Blogger MISYEL said...

Nice shots! Stars - it reminds me of Christmas... I'm gonna miss my family again. Anyway, next year I hope magpush through paguwi ko, pretty sure I'll visit MOA.

November 28, 2006 9:37 AM  

Blogger abet said...

eric,

nice shot...natuwa tuloy ako looking at the stars.

November 28, 2006 10:23 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shooting for the stars ? :) That's a pretty cool shot, Senor Eric.

November 28, 2006 10:47 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! stargazing under blue skies :)

tip: shop around for a circular polarizer to make the sky bluer
than blue at certain angles from the sun.

I hate malls too. i prefer the road less travelled evident in my blog posts.
problem is that I no longer have the luxury of time these days :(

November 28, 2006 7:01 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"And thank God there wasn't any SM security guard to stop me from taking some photographs"

bawal na rin ba mag photograph OUTSIDE the mall? sobrang praning naman sila.

November 29, 2006 6:01 AM  

Blogger Señor Enrique said...

I think they start setting up holiday decors in September, DOPS :) So yes, you're right ... pasko na!



Yes, Sidney ... looking up sometimes help ... hehehe.



Tanks, Kyels ... this is one of my favorite color combinations, by the way.



At least I can now post comments on your new site, Carla -- lamonster.blogspot.com !



Tanks, Michelle ... we hope to see you then next Christmas :)



Same feeling I got, Basey, ng nakita ang mga ito :)



I just got one, Tito at Hidalgo :) I tend to spend unnecessarily at the malls so I try to avoid hanging out in there.



I was actually inside the mall, Connie in the open area (like Greenebelt's). And they do not allow picture taking inside or outside any SM mall. I guess thay are afraid of some unscrupulous architect who might copy their innovative architectural designs.

November 29, 2006 10:39 AM  

Blogger Iskoo said...

bilib ako sa mga christmas decor sa mga malls ngayon, daming telented or artistic na mga pinoy.

gusto yung composition mo ngayon, stars sa maaliwalas na panahon!

November 29, 2006 10:47 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thinkin that if thin but strong fishing line was used instead of the cord, it would have been invisible and the stars would look like they're floating ! Nice contrast with yellow and blue background..

November 29, 2006 12:26 PM  

Blogger Señor Enrique said...

Oo nga, Iskoo, lalo na karamihan mga Christmas decorations nabibili sa ibang bansa ay gawa din dito kaya sagana tayo sa mga ornaments.




Yes, BW, those wouldn't show as much, but they may not hold these lanterns well. Dami kasi sa isang line.


Thanks, guys!

November 29, 2006 6:41 PM  

Blogger vina said...

great, great photo, as usual!

i initially thought it was a flag, until i read your post! :)

November 29, 2006 6:56 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

uy is this a new eu flag ad? :) nice compo ser. i can feel the pinoy xmas. see you in a couple of days with sid. :P

November 29, 2006 9:01 PM  

Blogger Señor Enrique said...

Yo0u're right, Vina ... for a quick second there it looks like a flag ... hehehe! Thanks!




Yes, Jep, that's next week!

November 29, 2006 9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Life in Manila as observed by a former New Yorker who with a laptop and camera has reinvented himself as a storyteller. Winner of the PHILIPPINE BLOG AWARDS: Best Photo Blog in 2007 and three Best Single Post awards in 2008.

 
 

About Me

Name: Señor Enrique
Location: Manila, Philippines

View my complete profile

Links


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Flickr Badge. Make your own badge here.
 
 
Señor Enrique Home
Designed by The Dubai Chronicles.
All rights and lefts reserved.