Saturday, November 25, 2006

INTRAMUROS IN THE EARLY MORNING










This is Intramuros about 6:30 in the morning. My workshop doesn’t start until 9:00 o’clock but I wanted to get here early this Saturday morning so I can take some pictures just before this part of the city begins its usual grind.

Next Sunday, the first Sunday of December, this place is going to be aglow with a procession of about a hundred carrozas. They are illuminated floats of Marian images from all over the country in celebration of the Immaculate Conception — Cofradia de Intramuros Grand Marian Festival. The floats will start gathering at around 3:00 pm at Plaza de Roma; hence, the entire Intramuros will be closed to vehicular traffic at 2:00 pm.

And later that evening at 7:00 o’clock, at the Manila Cathedral will be the gala performance by Belgian artist Luc Ponet on the newly restored organ. It is open to the public and free.

It should be a wonderful evening next Sunday in the walled city so join the festivities and bring your camera with you.





* * *

Please note:
I very much appreciate my articles and photos appearing on fellow bloggers' sites, popular broadsheets, and local broadcast news segments, but I would appreciate even more a request for permission first.
Thank you!



*

Labels:

posted by Señor Enrique at 9:18 PM


13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice shots Eric!

I like the second one!

(:

November 25, 2006 11:32 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should have taken shots of the walls or inside one of the stone towers. It's quite a remarkable view from there. Still, great shots. :D

November 26, 2006 6:55 AM  

Blogger abet said...

iskoo,

its your second saturday class right?? Ganda ng kuha mo...enjoy the rest of yur weekend.

November 26, 2006 10:29 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice shots, Eric.

I also like walking in the streets when there are not too many people.

November 26, 2006 1:35 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Seems you're having fun with your new cam now. You should also try shooting there at simbang gabi, the cathedral looks great with all the lights.

Thanks for the info on the Marian procession, looks like an good photo event to look forward to.

November 26, 2006 2:49 PM  

Blogger Sidney said...

The Grand Marian Festival is a must see. I was there last year but I want to take some additional pictures to finish my series about this Festival. If you go there we might bump into each other. Alas, I am not sure if I can stay for the concert of my compatriot.

November 26, 2006 5:14 PM  

Blogger Señor Enrique said...

Thanks, Kyels! I'm just beginning that particular kind of perspective. I'll do more with architectural subjects.


I should do that, Jhay. I intend to go back and just walk around like a whole afternoon til sunset.




Thanks, Basey. Yes it's my second Saturday. Why doyou keep calling me Iskoo? Hehehe ... don't want him to think I'm stealing his name ... lol!




Thanks, Irene. I do that a lot in Manhattan -- walk around very early. Marvelous feeling, actually :)




Wonderful idea, Ferdz. But first I have to master my manula settings so I can capture the lights naturally.




Yes, he's Belgian, too, Sidney. Not sure if I can stay that late that night, either. But I'll let you know about the procession and perhaps, we'll hook up with Ferdz!

November 26, 2006 9:55 PM  

Blogger abet said...

Eric,

sorry pasensya na nagkamali ako...maaga akong nagising tapos nagbasa ako agad from iskoo to you...my apologies. i hope you will forgive me..or how can i make it up to you?

November 26, 2006 10:21 PM  

Blogger Señor Enrique said...

No problem, Basey .... lol!

November 27, 2006 4:50 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice shot for picture number 4 despite those heavy shadows on the nearest palm tree, ground and the lower right part of the building. Maybe bracketing the shots next time will help fix them.

November 27, 2006 6:39 PM  

Blogger Señor Enrique said...

I like that photo as well, Aldrin, though, like you, I was bothered by the many shadows.

A couple of guys in class will meet me next Saturday very early, and I will reshoot the same shot, but bracketing it this time as you recommended.

Many thanks for the tip :)

November 27, 2006 6:59 PM  

Blogger BCS said...

These are wonderful shots eric! :)

September 28, 2008 11:20 PM  

Blogger Señor Enrique said...

Thanks, BCS!

September 29, 2008 7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Life in Manila as observed by a former New Yorker who with a laptop and camera has reinvented himself as a storyteller. Winner of the PHILIPPINE BLOG AWARDS: Best Photo Blog in 2007 and three Best Single Post awards in 2008.

 
 

About Me

Name: Señor Enrique
Location: Manila, Philippines

View my complete profile

Links


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Flickr Badge. Make your own badge here.
 
 
Señor Enrique Home
Designed by The Dubai Chronicles.
All rights and lefts reserved.